Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Got a strange cease and desist order through Google-- no identifying information for the person or persons making the copyright claim on Bezmenov/Schuman's World Thought Police, Love Letter to America, and Black is Beautiful. All Google did was put them into Draft status, but as I know that other requests were made for PDFs of these documents to be removed from file sharing websites, and then subsequently not defended when it was pointed out that "J. Schuman" (the name given to those sites) is not a real person and that there is no copyright on these texts, I am going ahead and re-publishing them. On second thought, I'll keep them in Draft status until Google resolves my counter-complaint. I have a good feeling that whoever made the claim will not respond if asked, and so Google will allow it to be republished.